low pass/high pass

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Lithinite

low pass/high pass

Post by Lithinite »

could you possibly implement a way to do low fast passes and higher lob passes using the axis of the gun when locking on a player?

by this i mean if Joe wants to pass to Bob, if he looks right at Bob it goes low and fast but if he looks above Bob but still has him locked it passes a slower lob pass.
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

Try charging ur passes =)

no w8..that involves skill, nevermind then right?
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

i think the high low pass thing would be good but instead of being able to put the ball higher... which wouldn't be great to be able to put the ball near the ground for a nice lower ball would be useful

yes you can do this with charge pass...but it just turns into spam most of the time spam=bad
Lithinite

Post by Lithinite »

pass = instant

- edit removed clutter -

maybe if you lock a pass (right click) then hit left click you could do a bullet pass...

the point is that shooting takes too long and is affected by shake in tight situations.
Last edited by Lithinite on 27-09-2003 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
fs|Pele
Banned

Post by fs|Pele »

wouldnt that be an easier way of passing wich would make db easier ?

IM UP FOR IT !!!!!!!!11
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

surge dont start moaning already :p
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

MeSSiaH{FCU} wrote: Try charging ur passes =)

^^^ what he said
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

ditto

powerup and you are able to play any pass that you like

the altfire pass is the skill-less pass and shall only be used for very cheap stuff.
its not good if you make more advanced stuff too easy to do
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

rofl charge pass is "advanced"

advanced spam that is. w00t for euro passing the game is MUCH more fun when reg passes are the main form of passing used. quicker cleaner and just plan more fun.

certainly the charge pass has its uses but it has some serious faults which hurt game play

i love the aditude "altfirepass is for n00b who can't use charge pass" maybe that is why ppl spam charge passes even though they are in general less effective than reg passes in a lot of a cases
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

i wouldnt know where to be without alt pass, most important aspet of db
XiLLeRaToR
Banned

Post by XiLLeRaToR »

yep:) easiest way to set up and score volleys, better than the borign 13 charge volley
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

Most situations require the alt-fire, but it's true that, when u have the time and the skill, left click is perfect for anything.

High balls, banana balls, longer balls.

Anyway, if u thought davidm was saying alt-fire was useless, read again berk =)

Advanced stuff isnt always needed
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

"the altfire pass is the skill-less pass and shall only be used for ***very cheap stuff***"

to me that sounded like he was saying that reg pass was for cheap/not as skilled players... maybe it is just the fact that i really don't like the charge pass (becuase you end up losing the ball or just spaming it more often than not)... coulda clouded my view

anyway i think this would actaully make reg passing much harder because if it actaully mattered where your gun was pointed when you show it would be much harder to get the exact right pass you want, instead of point in general direction/click. i don't know think it would be more skill based that just a giv'me pass. especially if you made it more than just a either or option with lots of possiblities in between high and low
Last edited by theberkin8or on 28-09-2003 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

Whatever u call it, he didnt say the cheap stuff wasnt needed :p

There's advantages to both types of passes and I'm quite sure DavidM knows that.