Level 8

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Mira
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: 26-11-2018 20:16

Re: Level 8

Post by Mira » 27-11-2018 15:37

Hi!
Trying to figure this one out for two days now...
got the 'lol no you are sooo close..' message, and the 'are you looking for pron?' message.
So I've tried that sort of stuff, don't know how to get the 'Jay Pack' other than saving it. So I don't know what to do other than changing the url, and if I have to change the url I kind of gone through my ideas. Don't really have a specific question...cause I don't know what to ask.
Does anyone have a tip for me?
Maybe I should just give up if I can't even get through level8...

thanks

User avatar
randomyoshi
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: 25-10-2018 17:58
Location: Sweden

Re: Level 8

Post by randomyoshi » 27-11-2018 16:37

You can PM me.

User avatar
amh
Moderator
Posts: 1126
Joined: 25-10-2014 00:08
Location: Washington state, USA

Re: Level 8

Post by amh » 28-11-2018 01:36

Mira wrote:Hi!
Trying to figure this one out for two days now...
got the 'lol no you are sooo close..' message, and the 'are you looking for pron?' message.
So I've tried that sort of stuff, don't know how to get the 'Jay Pack' other than saving it. So I don't know what to do other than changing the url, and if I have to change the url I kind of gone through my ideas. Don't really have a specific question...cause I don't know what to ask.
Does anyone have a tip for me?
Maybe I should just give up if I can't even get through level8... <-- We all feel like that at some stage!!

thanks

User avatar
RVM
Junior Member
Posts: 11
Joined: 20-01-2019 05:58

Re: Level 8

Post by RVM » 21-12-2019 04:25

Hello again.
So, I stoped playing cause I was working a lot, and I'm trying to get back so I started from the level 1 and I noticed some levels changed a little.
Now on this level 8, previously I used a method to solve it that seems to be incomplete now. Now it says to rename rather than accessing another one, but I am just renaming and don't know what exactly is going on.
By the way, I'm using Ubuntu this time, if that changes something

User avatar
Nick_Sync
Certified Finisher
Posts: 83
Joined: 24-11-2019 17:23
Location: São Paulo - Brazil
Contact:

Re: Level 8

Post by Nick_Sync » 21-12-2019 04:29

RVM wrote:
21-12-2019 04:25
Hello again.
So, I stoped playing cause I was working a lot, and I'm trying to get back so I started from the level 1 and I noticed some levels changed a little.
Now on this level 8, previously I used a method to solve it that seems to be incomplete now. Now it says to rename rather than accessing another one, but I am just renaming and don't know what exactly is going on.
By the way, I'm using Ubuntu this time, if that changes something
PM me, ill help you.

ZCometa
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: 31-12-2019 06:21

Level 8 error

Post by ZCometa » 31-12-2019 06:29

So, yeah, me and my friends are stuck in the level 8.
We already find the password and name of the level, but no matter what it just ask us to put the name and pasword again. Why? What is happening? I see there other people with the same problem in few months here in the forum.
Some bug fix?

User avatar
amh
Moderator
Posts: 1126
Joined: 25-10-2014 00:08
Location: Washington state, USA

Re: Level 8 error

Post by amh » 04-01-2020 02:43

Assuming you solved the level properly, it should work. Try a few times, a few levels require that, we don't know why. If the trouble persists, PM me but I may take a while to respond.

User avatar
luifrancgom
Junior Member
Posts: 8
Joined: 04-01-2020 01:11
Location: Level 15
Contact:

Re: Level 8

Post by luifrancgom » 04-01-2020 06:17

Hello people from level 8 (The symbol * in this message is used to prevent spoilers):

Because of the message "w**** ****** ***e", initially I was thinking about something to do with religion like "wedding/cana" or "marriage/cana"

Then I get the message:

"lol no!
but you are so close!
**************************************************"
Next:

http://notpron.org/notpron/s****/m**3.mp3

This file was really strange. I even try listening backwards using: https://www.mp3-reverser.com/en/

Finally I found the answer that was naturally more simpler.

However I could not find the message 'are you looking for pron?' or something similar that was mentioned by Mira in this thread. Also anyone found other hiding things in this level?

Thunder
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: 14-01-2020 21:19

Re: Level 8

Post by Thunder » 14-01-2020 21:22

I think I’ve got the right user/pass but it doesn’t accept it. Who can I pm? :)

User avatar
amh
Moderator
Posts: 1126
Joined: 25-10-2014 00:08
Location: Washington state, USA

Re: Level 8

Post by amh » 14-01-2020 21:48

if it doesn't work after trying a few times you probably have the wrong password. Make sure you solve the levels properly, many solutions have changed and using a walkthrough will simply get you into trouble eventually.

Thunder
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: 14-01-2020 21:19

Re: Level 8

Post by Thunder » 14-01-2020 21:57

I have only recently begun, did not use spoilers and already made a lot of good steps in this level, that is why I’m fairly sure I have the right user/pw. Or maybe this level really requires a lot of steps...

User avatar
amh
Moderator
Posts: 1126
Joined: 25-10-2014 00:08
Location: Washington state, USA

Re: Level 8

Post by amh » 14-01-2020 23:33

Thunder wrote:
14-01-2020 21:57
I have only recently begun, did not use spoilers and already made a lot of good steps in this level, that is why I’m fairly sure I have the right user/pw. Or maybe this level really requires a lot of steps...
PM me with what you have and I will check

Syco
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: 15-01-2020 11:07

Re: Level 8

Post by Syco » 15-01-2020 11:11

I go the "almost there" screen but I can't download anything, I also did start today.

Thunder
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: 14-01-2020 21:19

Re: Level 8

Post by Thunder » 15-01-2020 12:46

I’ve tried to send you a pm but it stays in my outbox..? Am I doing something wrong?

User avatar
fiofi
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: 05-07-2019 20:52

Re: Level 8

Post by fiofi » 15-01-2020 15:23

No, amh didn't read your massage yet.

Post Reply